One-day Muhammad goes to his wifeís house Hafsa the daughter of Omar and finds her maid Mariah attractive. He sends Hafsa to Omarís house, telling her that he wanted to see her. When Hafsa leaves, Muhammad takes Mariah to bed and has intercourse with her. Meanwhile Hafsa, who finds out that her father was not expecting her, returns home much sooner than expected, and to her chagrin finds her illustrious husband in bed with her maid. Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648.
She becomes hysteric and forgetting the station of the prophet she shouts and causes a scandal. The prophet pleads with her to calm down and promises not to sleep with Mariah anymore and begs her also not to divulge this secret to anyone else. Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648.
However, Hafsa would not control herself and relays everything to Ayesha who also turns against the prophet and jointly with his other wives cause him much anguish. So the prophet decides to punish all of them and not sleep with any one of his wives for one month. Depriving oneís wives sexually is the second grade of punishment recommended in Quran. The first level is admonishing, the second level is depriving them of sex and the third level of punishment is beating them. Q. 4: 34.
Of course when a man decides to punish a wife with sexual deprivation he can satisfy himself with his other wives. But Muhammadís anger had made him make the oath not to sleep with any of them for one month. That of course would have been too much of hardship for the beloved messenger of God (peace be upon his immaculate soul), therefore God in his mercy came to the aid of his prophet and revealed the Surah Tahrim (Banning). Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648.
In this Surah Allah rebukes Muhammad for being hard on himself and for depriving himself from what he really likes and has been made lawful for him, in order to please his wives. Volume 3, Book 43, Number 648.
This is the text of the Surah Tahrim:
Q. 66: 1-5.1. O Prophet! Why do you ban (for yourself) that which Allah has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
2. Allah has already ordained for you (O men), the dissolution of your oaths. And Allah is your Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.) and He is the All-Knower, the All-Wise. Q. 66: 1-5.
3. And (remember) when the Prophet (SAW) disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wives (Hafsa), so when she told it (to another i.e. 'Ayesha), and Allah made it known to him, he informed part thereof and left a part. Then when he told her (Hafsa) thereof, she said: "Who told you this?" He said: "The All-Knower, the All-Aware (Allah) has told me".Q. 66: 1-5.
4. If you two (wives of the Prophet SAW, namely 'Ayesha and Hafsa turn in repentance to Allah, (it will be better for you), your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet SAW likes), but if you help one another against him (Muhammad SAW), then verily, Allah is his Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.), and Jibrael (Gabriel), and the righteous among the believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers. Q. 66: 1-5.
5. It may be if he divorced you (all) that his Lord will give him instead of you, wives better than you, Muslims (who submit to Allah), believers, obedient to Allah, turning to Allah in repentance, worshipping Allah sincerely, fasting or emigrants (for Allahís sake), previously married and virgins. Q. 66: 1-5.
Comment on Q. 66: 1-5: Although Muhammad gave his word to Hafsa, not to have sex with her maid he could not resist the temptation. Especially now, that he had taken another oath not to sleep with all of his wives. It was a difficult situation and no one but Allah could help him. Well, nothing is impossible when you are the prophet of Allah. Leave everything in the hands of the Almighty and let him take care of it. And that is exactly what happened.
Comment on Q. 66: 1-5: Allah himself intervened and gave him the green light to follow his heart's desire. In the Surah Tahrim God licensed his beloved prophet to have his flings and not pay attention to his wives. What can a prophet ask more? Allah was so concerned about Muhammad's carnal pleasures that he even allowed ALL MEN to break their oaths as a bounty. Alhamdulillah! AllahuAkbar! Subhanillah. Isn't Allah great?
Comment on Q. 66: 1-5: It is also worthy of mention that Muhammad who came to know that Hafsa did reveal the secret to Ayesha, lied to her by pretending that it was Allah who told him so (Ayat 3) while he actually learned it from Ayesha. But of course Muhammad is not the author of Quran. It is Allah himself who is lying for his prophet.
Comment on Q. 66: 1-5: In reaction to the above verses, Ayesha, who was not only young and pretty but also clever, is reported to have said to Muhammad, "Your God indeed rushes in coming to your aid!"
Comment on Q. 66: 1-5: The above story must have been also embarrassing for Muhammadís followers even when they gobbled mindlessly everything he told them. So they made other Hadiths to explain those verses of Quran that were already explained by Omar.
'Ayesha (Allah be pleased with her) narrated that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) used to spend time with Zenyab daughter of Jahsh and drank honey at her house. She ('Ayesha further) said: I and Hafsa agreed that one whom Allah's Apostle (May peace be upon him) would visit first should say: I notice that you have an odor of the Maghafir (gum of mimosa). Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3496:
He (the Holy Prophet) visited one of them and she said to him like this, whereupon he said: I have taken honey in the house of Zenyab bint Jabsh and I will never do it again. It was at this (that the following verse was revealed): 'Why do you hold to be forbidden what Allah has made lawful for you... (Up to). If you both ('Ayesha and Hafsa) turn to Allah" up to:" And when the Holy Prophet confided an information to one of his wives" (lxvi. 3). This refers to his saying: But I have taken honey. Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3496:
The existence of the above Hadith and its difference with the one narrated by Omar reveals yet another fact that the companions of Muhammad were willing to lie, (as Muslims are today) to preserve the image of their prophet from blemish. It would be foolish to accept the excuse of drinking honey to justify those Ayat. First of all honey does not smell bad.
Also Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3497:
But above all it is inconceivable that a trivial incident like drinking honey could cause such an upheaval in the household of the prophet to the extend that he decides to divorce all of his wives or to punish them for one month by not sleeping with them. Also Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3497:
Could such an insignificant incident like drinking honey provoke so much uproar that the creator of this universe had to intervene with a warning to Muhammadís wives that Muhammad would divorce all of them and He (Allah) would give him virgin and faithful wives? This explanation is absurd unless honey is the code for something else that the prophet (peace be upon his immaculate soul found with Mariah). Also Sahih Muslim Book 009, Number 3497:
Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 188: Narrated 'Amr bin Maimun:" I SAW A SHE-MONKEY SURROUNDED BY A NUMBER OF MONKEYS. THEY WERE ALL STONING IT, BECAUSE IT HAD COMMITTED ILLEGAL SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. I TOO, STONED IT ALONG WITH THEM."
Koran verse 10.23: Mohammed says - Muslims must never eat pork. Reasons never ask. I may have had sex with pigs when one night, when I had no women in bed.
189. Mohammed was supposed to be prophet and know all the rules of Islam, yet he married 15 women!!.... When maximum allowed is 4. Of his 15 wives he had married 9 women at a time, plus it is documented by his followers that Mohammed had sex with his servant girlsÖ and women captured in battle were raped by him... that is adultery, Mohammed broke many rules of Islam and yet Muslims call him PROPHET!!.... http://www.aish.com/seminars/whythejews/index.htm